Does one shoe fit all? The simple answer to this is simply, No!
Just like every person on this planet, every organisation is an individual and within every organisation there are many individuals.
So, while it is possible for a good platform to have some generic reporting functionality’s in place to assist users with focused reporting through standardisation, there is also an essential need for customisable reporting.
There is usually a requirement for team leaders and/or training facilitators to address their team on their training progress and competencies. To help make this effective, each administrator/facilitator of the training platform needs to be able to create relevant customisable reporting. For instance, a team leader could take with them to their weekly meeting a single report that lists any staff member that is not compliant or up to date with allocated training. The system also needs to offer instant emailing functionality via the customised reporting function to allow instant and effective communication.
It is an expectation now that any learning platforms should be able to offer customised reporting and also be able to offer varied functionality once the report has been created, like:
- Printable reports to take into meetings or deliver to other parties
- Export to CSV file so you can manipulate the data to create new reports, add to other data or be in a format that can be imported to other platforms.
- Manipulate the scope which allows you to determine multiple variances from the outcome of the report, such as:
- adjusting the subject of the reports i.e. by individual, group or entity
- selection of the content in the report i.e. by choosing individual training elements and/or combining them with other training elements
- date parameters i.e. by determining the range in which we want to report
- compliance filters i.e. being able to draw the report on the selections’ compliance or non-compliance
- naming of the customised report to be used on multiple occasions
- multiple export functions i.e. once a report has been created, the ability to view and download in various ways including CSV files so data can be manipulated further and imported into other systems
In essence, customisable reporting allows dynamic and versatile management of your staffs training pathways, including essential information pertaining to their level of compliance.