Many workplaces across Australia and around the world are looking to recommence their operations and start their new normal. With restrictions easing, now is the time to start looking at your COVID Safe Plan and ensure your workplace is return to work ready post COVID-19.
In this blog, we look at some of the key steps you will be need to follow. As well as the online solutions that can assist with your return to work and help your business maintain a COVID Safe Workplace.
Updating your workplace polices is a no brainer. In this new world we navigate, there are certain guidelines that we will need to adhere to. As well as new measures to ensure your workplace remains a safe environment for staff.
New policy updates should include (but are not limit to):
- Social Distancing Measures, including maintaining 1.5m distancing between employees and 1 person per 4m square.
- Updated Hygiene Practices detailing handwashing requirements and ensuring access to hand sanitiser at all times.
- Routine Cleaning & Disinfection of the workplace
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with the relevant State and National guidelines.
- Updated sick leave policy with details of early COVID-19 signs and symptoms.
- Incident Notification – what is your process if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 associated with your business?
- Ensure your COVID-19 policy is industry specific as each industry will have different guideline for compliance
The QLD Government has some great business Health and Safety Resources which cover all industry types. You can access these by following this link.
Getting the message to your staff
Once your new COVID-19 Policies and Procedures have been put in place, it is crucial that they are effectively understood by your employees. Having a system in place that can quickly push these new policies to your staff and then ensure they understand their requirements and the role they play through a sign off and assessment of these requirements.
A learning management system can assist you in the rollout of these new policies and procedures and assist you with ensuring your staff are across:
- New workplace and site inductions for both new and existing staff
- Training and education on COVID-19 signs and symptoms
- Social distancing training including the employees responsibility to maintain their distance from others
- Library and document management for all updated policies and procedures, allowing for easy access to these by all staff
Ensuring the safety of your staff and workplace visitors
As workplaces start seeing their staff return from their working from home arrangements, many will start to see visitors. In addition, it is important for your staff to be safe in your office or site. For example, visitors will need to understand your COVID Safe plan and how they contribute to keeping your workplace safe.
One of the simplest and more affordable ways to do this is by implementing a Visitor Management System. These systems allow for contact free check-in of visitors. In addition, they create a site policy sign off for all visitors that enter your office. They allow for ongoing management of social distancing requirements because you can see who is on-site at any given time.
For more information on implementing a Visitor Management System in relation to COVID-19, take a read our blog on 5 Ways a Visitor Management System can help minimise your COVID-19 Risk.
Moving away from paper-based solutions has never been more important. Therefore, online systems allow for better management and reporting, while having “less hands” over physical papers, booklets and folders.
Some key benefits of implementing an online solution as part of your COVID-19 return to work plan are:
- Access the updated policies, resources, and training from anywhere.
- Report on compliance and training completion from anywhere.
- Automatic notification when someone hasn’t completed the required COVID-19 Return to Work Training.
- Allow for fast updating of information and materials as COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions change.
For further reading and additional resources your business may find useful, we have provided the following links:
- Safe Work Australia: COVID-19 Workplace Checklist
- World Health Organisation: Employer and Workers Guidance
In conclusion, to see how we can assist you with ensuring your workplace is Ready to Work Ready post COVID-19, contact us today.